Our comprehensive, all-inclusive WWW WEBSITE package allows for writing, design and implementation of your very own customized, polished author website that includes all the website ingredients you’ll need to promote yourself as a successful writer! Our VERY complete package includes all of the following services:
- Website Build: Set-up and customization of domain name, hosting account, email account, and custom website theme. We help you choose from several customized author website templates. Once a basic template is selected, your package includes our customization design presentation. Photos, text and color palettes can ALL be customized to your specifications. Three rounds of changes to the initial design are included, and rounds are presented to you in pdf format to review. Only after your approval of the final design do we construct your website.
- Blog: The blog built into your site will have the same design elements to work seamlessly with your site and keep audience traffic all driving to the same destination. PLUS, having a blog built into your website is what lets you to add regular new content, giving readers incentive to return to your site after their first visit.
- Website Pages: We suggest each site include the following pages: HOME / AUTHOR BIO / ABOUT THE BOOK / MEDIA KIT / NEWS / OTHER WRITINGS/PRODUCTS / APPEARANCES / CONTACT / BLOG. In some cases you’ll need fewer pages to start with and will want to add more later. You’ll be able to do that easily and without incurring additional charges, and we’ll help you if you need ongoing assistance.
- Website Maintenance: Your site will be easy to update by yourself through a WordPress interface. This package includes drop in of initial content – text and images we work with you to prepare – and follow-up coaching so you can make future changes and additions to your website, without paying any ongoing fees. We’ll train you to easily add a page and/or a blog post as often as you want to – with complete creative control over the content and photos on your website – no need to pay someone every time you want to update any page on your site.
- Matching Artwork: We’ll also provide you with a matching Twitter background design and free Facebook image that will help maintain your website’s brand look and feel across your social media platforms.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Your site will be search engine optimized from its very launch. We’ll then help you employ SEO best practices moving forward with your site to make it easier for readers to discover.
- Social Media Integration: We’ll install plugins that allow readers to share your content across a variety of social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and social bookmarking sites. PLUS, we’ll install buttons that readers can click to head directly to your own social media landing pages, including your Facebook page, Twitter, Linked In and more. Social media is the fastest, least expensive way to build your “tribe” – a platform of loyal readers and potential readers.
- Traffic Analytics: We’ll install tracking and show you how to monitor where your readers are coming from, how long they spend on your site, which content is resonating most with readers and more. Knowing your customer will help you cater to their content needs and create a loyal following.
- Media Kit: When desired, we build you a downloadable media kit pdf – 2-4 pages — so readers and press can learn more about you and your words. This kit takes different forms for different writers, but typically includes a bio and/or resume/CV, writing awards, fast facts about you and your writing and/or excerpts from your work…
- RSS Feed/Subscriptions: Each website we build includes an RSS feed and subscription capability for your blog, allowing readers to be notified via email our their own RSS reader that you have new content available to read. Likewise, we’ll help you set up a subscription form for those who’d prefer to keep up with you by email, and install a “Send to Kindle” button to let folks send your words right to their Kindle devices to read at their convenience.
NOTE: Fees related to site hosting and domain name purchases are your responsibility and typically run less than $20 for a domain name and less than $5 a month for hosting. We work with you to establish your domain name and hosting the most economical way possible, with full U.S. based customer support, while still allowing you to maintain complete control over your own account.
DISCOUNTS: 10% discounts are available to authors signing up through referring publishers, including BQB Publishing, Koehler Books, Joggling Board Press and Midtown Publishing. We also offer discounts to attendees of writer conferences, workshops and/or book festivals where WWW has provided faculty services. To date those include:
- Tucson Book Festival (Arizona)
- FWA Annual Conference (Florida)
- Tallahassee Writers Conference (Florida)
- Atlanta Writers Conference (Georgia)
- AJC Decatur Book Festival (Georgia)
- Pen to Digital, Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Chicago (Illinois)
- Words & Music New Orleans (Louisiana)
- SC Writers Workshop (South Carolina)
- SC Book Festival (South Carolina)
- PubSmart: Emerging Authors, Emerging Avenues (South Carolina)