Facebook has become so big it can be a daunting prospect for a new author to find and engage fans, and your budget might not allow you to advertise for them yet. Enter Fan Page Fridays!
Many businesses host Fan Page Fridays on Facebook. You’ll see a post announcing the Fan Page Friday on their page (on Friday, of course) and an invitation to share your own Facebook Fan page in the comment thread.
Helpful Hints for Fan Page Fridays:
- Be sure to read the guidelines included in each company’s post. Typically, they’ll ask you to “like” and “share” the post with your tribe, and enter your own FB page url (i.e. https://www.facebook.com/WhereWritersWin)
- You must use your personal profile to share your page and like other people’s pages. Getting a like from a business page profile does nothing to increase your “likes.”
- You don’t have to like every business in the thread, but it’s kind. You can always go back and hide or unlike their page if you find it doesn’t interest you.
- Thank the moderator and share their page, too.
- Don’t promote a specific item or program in your post unless the moderator has given you the specific go ahead in the Fan Page Friday rules. If you abuse this, your comments will likely be hidden.
- Be sure to Like the page of the moderator, not just the post. They are being gracious hosts and liking their page is how you thank them.
The easiest way to find Facebook pages hosting Fan Page Fridays is to visit Facebook and enter #FanPageFriday into the search window.
So, put it on your calendar this week. Search on Friday morning, put your author page link in a few of the threads, and let us know how many new “Likes” you earn on your author page.
Remember though – to keep ‘em you have to engage them with content… Happy Hunting!