To Use: Scroll down to the map. Each state with a dot in the map below will include clubs we’ve found to date. Click on the dot, the listings for that state will pop up BELOW the map! Each listing includes:
- Club Name and Contact Info
- Where the club is located (city or metro area and state)
- Whether the club is a live meeting, a virtual (i.e. Skype or Google Hangout) club or strictly online (excluding online clubs in the primary sites listed below)
- If the club is affiliated with a local bookstore or library
- The club’s preferred genre(s)
NOTE: These clubs have been kind enough to share their information with us. We ask that you be equally kind in making your requests. For a sample letter on how to approach a book club, please CLICK HERE or visit our Templates and Tutorials page to grab the pdf or doc file from there!
Online Reading Groups / Virtual Book Clubs
- Added April 2016 – International club: CBC’s NL (Newfoundland and Labrador) Virtual Club. If you have suggestions for books to read from other Newfoundland and Labrador authors, email them for future selections.
- Rave Reviews Book Club – A hybrid review and book club site, with multiple genres, and top reviews selected as reads by their virtual club of over 500 members strong!
- Google Hangout – Book Lovers Book Club – Started by The Daily Basics. book club Shelf Pleasures Author will participate in a google hang-out. Must be logged on to your Google account to view information.
- Angie Harris Webinar Book Club – online webinar – http://angieharris.weebly.com/index.html – New as of March 2013 – archives reveal 2 suspense novels, and Angie is an author
- The Pulpwood Queens Book Club – 550+ chapters nationwide and in 15 foreign countries – virtual and in person (See Jefferson TX on our map). Fiction – general, non-fiction, women’s fiction, young adult, memoir. Contact: Kathy L. Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org. ” They specialize in reading books that are from undiscovered authors hoping that by all 550+ chapters reading the book will help them get discovered and read in a really big way. Check out too www.beautyandthebookshow.com where the founder Kathy Murphy interviews authors.
- Facebook Book Club – virtual – Fiction – general, non-fiction, women’s fiction. Contact: Reeca Elliott Fredreeca2001@yahoo.com. “We are a group from Facebook. We span USA and even have a member from Australia. I usually pick a book that my local library has.”
- Spa Week Daily – National online forum that includes reviews and author interviews, too. Contact: email@example.com
International Reading Groups and Clubs
Squamish, BC – Our club moves from location to location depending on the book choosers preference. Usually a local restaurant in Squamish, BC. We read fiction/general, non-fiction, women’s fiction, YA. All genres allowed except horror and books on parenting! At present there are 8 of us in the group. The book chooser brings along 3 books for selection and then the rest of the group votes on what they want to read. I am aware of at least 4 other local groups. One uses the local library and we regularly battle with them to get books out. We choose to mix reading with a social evening and most local restaurants are happy to accommodate us. Email contact Sarah Saunders firstname.lastname@example.org
Vancouver – Call https://vpl.bibliocommons.com/events/5669f194b2b3786365006a88or visit this link for more info – meets monthly at Hastings Branch Library:
Online Group Links
Below are links to the primary sites featuring online (virtual) book clubs. If you haven’t yet joined them, do so and search for groups/clubs in your genre to begin making those connections!
- Goodreads.com: The grandaddy of reader social networks. If you can conceive of a reading group it probably already exists here. Over 30 million members strong, this is where the readers are!
- LibraryThing.com: You can find groups here, join groups, start groups, reader communities, more.
- Shelfari.com: Owned by Amazon, Shelfari is similar to Goodreads – you can add books and find groups
Have a Book Club to Share with Us?