Ah, the power of a group! It’s valuable for networking, exchanging information, promoting your work, getting inspired or just having someone to hang out with, albeit virtually, at the end of a long writing day.
Here are five fabs with lots of members that we’re loving on Facebook. Naturally, there are more, lots more, so have at a search and see what you unearth for your own favorite groups. Have one to share with us? Comment below!
- Creative Writing Group – This is an open group for writers of stories, poems, plays, with over 5,500 members. It’s a bit of a mash-up of creative thoughts, crazy quotes, decent advice, useful links and a bit of nonsense here and there (not that we’re knocking the therapeutic benefits of random nonsense!)
- Authors, Agents and Aspiring Writers – An open group dedicated to excellence in writing while nurturing a greater sense of community among all members. They invite all writers of all genres to join and discuss industry trends, share exciting news, organize workshops, and ask the hard questions, with over 3,400 members.
- Indie Writers Unite – Page for indie writers to share information, learn from each other, get to know each other, etc. Read the rules as there’s no spamming allow in the group. Over 1,750 members.
- Writing – This group is for the accomplished writer, at any stage of writing, to inspire other writers. Over 3,790 members
- Writers of The South – This group includes discussion about great writers of all kinds – novelists, non-fiction, poets, screenwriting. Their area covers the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia. Over 3,500 members