Getting more blog subscribers is always a hot topic on blogging forums and among social media coaches. Here are FIVE “Tried and True” tips — followed by several article links for more great author blogging tips from other subscriber-savvy bloggers!
1. Write a blog post about it. You know your audience best and how to “speak” their language; nothing works better than a personal invite from you, the blogging author.
2. Make sure you have a prominent “Subscribe” button on your web/blog site. As we’ve said before, web surfing is like drive-by reading; unless your billboard is high and in big print, they won’t notice it when they’re whizzing by on the information super highway!
3. Make sure people know via your invites, posts and Subscribe Offer on your website that the subscription is free, and how often they’ll get updates. We let folks know regularly that WWW releases every other day on odd days (because we writers are, well, odd) and that it’s free. Folks can (and do) think on the word “Subscribe” as coming with a cost, so it’s up to bloggers to let them know that’s not the case here!
4. Offer an incentive, such as a free ebook, sample chapter, or resource list. The freebie must have some value to YOUR audience, but this is a great way to attract new folks, and something you can tweet about or post to your Facebook or Google+ page, too!
5. Enable a Subscribe button for your blog on your Facebook Author page. We link our WWW blog to our Facebook page using Network Blogs; a few folks even opt in to subcribe to the blog right from there.
Finally, don’t get discouraged if blog followers unsubscribe; it happens. They change interests, careers, or just decide to pare down their inboxes. But just a few diligent minutes a day enabling your site and reaching out to new potential readers via your social media will pay off in an increased tribe of readers that will well outpace the few you may lose due to attrition.
We’ve curated the latest articles on getting more blog subscribers for your reading enjoyment. Here are links to the latest How To headlines… Now, let us know how you’re doing!
Attracting more subscribers to your blog and email newsletter list begins with what you don’t put on your blog. Too much clutter and bright images can pull readers away from the most …
Blogging is a fantastic and incredibly creative thing to do. It offers businesses a way to present the more personal side of who they are and what they do. It’s wonderful on a personal level for individuals as well…
The question that I keep getting asked during every consulting service is, how do I grow my list Eddie? How do I increase my blog subscribers? Its simple. Don’t complicate things and make it easy for readers to find optins or …
One of the most important factors overlooked as a blogger is that your blogs success is dependent upon the amount subscribers you have. In my opinion, you should value them above all other aspects of your blogs success, …