It’s no secret that audiobooks are becoming ever more popular with their “reading” audience (especially for those stuck in ever-increasing traffic!) Also no surprise: Audiobooks can be another revenue stream for most any author. Now, one “new kid on the block” is offering expanded audiobook distribution to over a dozen book-selling outlets.
Audiobooks.com has announced a new audiobook distribution service, Author’s Republic, an aggregate audio publisher helping to bring independently published audiobooks onto more platforms than ever before.
Coming off of the 2014 release of Recordio, a mobile and web app designed to make audiobook narration more accessible, Author’s Republic is the company’s next step in supporting the growing industry of independently published audiobooks and making those titles available to consumers.
“With the explosion in self-publishing and the simultaneous growth in the audiobook industry, getting the right tools in place will help both industries grow together,” says Sanjay Singhal, Audiobooks.com CEO.
Most notable about the new service is the extensive retail and distributor network made available to authors who use it. Author’s Republic will submit titles to over a dozen merchants including Audiobooks.com, Audible, iTunes, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Scribd, Downpour, and tunein, as well as library providers like Findaway and Overdrive.
“There are a lot of places to sell audiobooks, but until now, there was no easy way for authors to access them,” says Singhal. “Services like Smashwords and Draft2Digital have done great things for eBook distribution. Now, Author’s Republic is doing the same thing for audiobooks.”
The service also offers competitive royalty rates. On most platforms, authors will receive an average of 35% of what their titles are sold for.
Author’s Republic Features
- Earn 25% of what your book is sold for on Audible, iTunes and Amazon, and up to 35% of what it’s sold for on all other channels.
- Forget about managing over a dozen different accounts and trying to remember 12 variations of “Password123”. Your sales are displayed on a handy dashboard, with one monthly paycheck.
- They give every audiobook a shiny, new ISBN at no charge to the author. That’s $125 you can spend on something else.
- Get your book listed on major retailers, library providers and distributors you may have never heard of, but sell a whole lot of books.
- Already selling your books through ACX? No problem! You can keep your current ACX account, and they’ll handle selling them everywhere else.
Learn more about how it works here and tell us what you think of the new platform!