But of course, like any problem there’s bound to be an online solution. Sure enough, there’s a nifty online tool out there that promises to help. Our thanks to PubSmart faculty member Porter Anderson for bringing it to our attention:
Rescue Time is an online (and mobile responsive) tool that helps you understand your daily habits so you can focus and be more productive, and best of all, the “Lite” version is absolutely free! Here’s a look at the guts of it:
How Rescue Time Works:
- Runs securely in the background on your computer and mobile devices.
- Tracks time spent on applications and websites, giving you an accurate picture of your day.
- Gives you detailed reports and data based on your activity.
- Sets alerts to let you know when you spent a certain amount of time on an activity.
- Lets you create a goal like spending less than 1 hour per day on email to help you stay focused.
Below is a snapshot of the RescueTime dashboard from one of their recent blog posts. Seems like a fabulous time management tool for anyone trying to strike a balance. Give ’em a try and let us know what you think – we’re signing up, too!