Our thanks to Chanticleer Book Reviews founder Kiffer Brown for this guest post!
Editorial book reviews are one of the most powerful tools available to authors for getting their books before the eyes of readers and media professionals.
Most authors do not take advantage of the opportunities that a book review presents to them–especially Editorial Reviews. Maybe they will read them, maybe they will acknowledge the reviewer, but rarely do they make full use of them. As an editorial book reviewer, I find this frustrating. So, here are my tips to make your book reviews work harder for you!
So, just what should an author do with reviews, especially editorial reviews?
thesis alejandro amenabar https://explorationproject.org/annotated/formulaic-thesis-statement/80/ donde comprar viagra en tucuman https://mliesl.edu/example/open-university-essay-and-report-writing/14/ enter am getting viagra email https://www.rmhc-reno.org/project/pay-to-write-an-essay/25/ get link accutane without a prescription essay paragraph on media https://approachusa.org/reflective/apj-abdul-kalam-hindi-essay/25/ bioessay of ethanol from molasses lab report examples of projects for students artischocken tabletten nebenwirkungen viagra generic valtrex online como tomar viagra com alcool https://ncappa.org/term/project-writing/4/ reasons for euthanasia essays https://cpchawaii.edu/lptf/papers.php?rewriter=documentclass-for-thesis-latex examples of nature vs nurture essay romeo and juliet essay imagery a case control study follow url follow url https://scottsdaleartschool.org/checker/what-is-the-expository-essay/33/ essay worst job canadian family pharmacy review free online essay database source url https://www.accap.org/storage/i-would-like-to-purchase-viagra-online-without-prescription-using-a-mastercard/28/ https://www.rmhc-reno.org/project/essay-eco-system/25/ If it is an Editorial Review, the very first thing to do is this:
A. Post an excerpt of the Editorial Review in the Editorial section on the title’s Amazon page.
You can do this through Amazon Author Central. Only the author or the publisher can post to the Editorial Reviews section.Why should you post in the Editorial Section?
1) Having an Editorial Review in the Amazon section gives the title a little more “Amazon” awesomeness with Amazon search algorithms. And is there an author who couldn’t use a little more Amazon love?
2) Some readers only read “editorial reviews.” They do not put any credence into “customer reviewers” because they think that the author’s friends and relatives posted the “customer reviews.” Some readers do not read “editorial reviews,” but at least this way you’ve got your bases covered.
3) Booksellers (indie bookstores) and librarians read the editorial reviews before they make a buying decision. Most professional purchasing agents and buyers do not read “customer reviews” for decision making purposes.
4) Post excerpts from your title’s positive (hopefully) editorial book reviews in as many on-line places as you can: Barnes & Noble, BAM, Chapters, Smashwords, Kobo, etc. and definitely on Amazon–the world’s largest bookseller.
B. Post the entire review on your website (remember, you can post an except and then have the excerpt link to the full review). Then link to:
1. The reviewer’s website (for street cred) and for extra SEO (search engine optimization, i.e. Google ranking) goodness–if possible
2. Then post an excerpt on Google+ with a link back to your website’s full review
- this will funnel potential readers to your website — not to your Amazon page! You want your potential reader to establish a relationship with your author brand–not Amazon’s brand!
- adding another link will create more SEO goodness with Google search
- the G+ post will keep working for you on Google + long after you have made it AND will give you more Google SEO goodness
3. Post excerpt of the book reviews on Facebook, Twitter, etc. with links back to your website
C. Group your Editorial Reviews together on your website
- This will make it easier and faster for publishing professionals to find. Never forget that the first thing that a publishing professional (read: interviewer, librarian, agent, bookseller, etc.) will do is check out your website for information about you and your title. Make it easy for them!
D. Editorial Reviews increase Reader/Customer reviews
- Authors have told us is that Editorial reviews give their readers the language and vocabulary to discuss their works. Editorial reviews also help to set the tone of reader interaction.
- Authors have reported back to us that they noticed that after our reviews are posted that their number of their Reader/Customer reviews dramatically increase. Remember writing and crafting a review is hard work. You want to make writing a review for your work as effortless as possible.
- Authors have noticed that they receive more more comments and social media interaction when they have editorial reviews posted and published. Posted Editorial Reviews allow for busy readers to Tweet, Share, Link, and Comment on their favorite Editorial Reviews of titles.
- Editorial Reviews give authors something to post, blog, and chat about with their works that someone else has said. Authors can easily re-tweet, share, like, and comment on their Editorial Reviews without sounding “self-promoting.”
In a nutshell: