For nearly ten years it’s been my dream to see a first-rate publishing conference produced in Charleston, SC. It’s a wonderful city for writers, and the southeast is becoming a real hub of publishing in this brave new digital era, so it makes sense to have a top-shelf gathering here.
And now, thanks to the serendipitous assembling of an amazing team, including WWW’s Kendra Haskins, Jacqueline Gum, and Brenda McClain and Bublish founder Kathy Meis, that dream is going to be a reality! Registration is officially open today for a brand-new kind of conference coming to Charleston in April 2014 – PubSmart: Emerging Authors. Emerging Avenues.
Best of all, PubSmart is offering not only a $50 early-bird discount, but another $50 off to any of our Winner Circle members to attend! To get your extra $50 off discount code, just visit the vegas timeshare presentation how to use an appendix in an essay https://equalitymi.org/citrate/do-i-need-a-prescription-for-silagra-in-usa/29/ fgr 100 click https://www.carrollkennelclub.org/phrasing/how-to-write-good-expository-essays/6/ como funciona la viagra natural street cost viagra course work online https://eventorum.puc.edu/usarx/viagra-side-effects-hiccups/82/ https://mysaschool.org/expository/essays-on-brothers-and-keepers/15/ levitra kennewick follow link essay on pollution caused by plastic bags go to site commande levitra en ligne psychology research paper idea enter essay on journey by bus in karachi essay describing your family see url source cialis drugstore.com source link https://shepherdstown.info/conclusion/philosophy-free-will-and-determinism-essay/17/ source texas college admission essay topics problemas del viagra en jovenes https://eagfwc.org/men/peux-t-on-acheter-du-viagra-sans-ordonnance/100/ enter how to right thesis elevated liver function tests prednisone DEALS and STEALS tab in the Winner Circle.
PubSmart: Fast Facts
What is PubSmart? PubSmart is an unprecedented gathering of publishing professionals, some of the smartest on the planet. They represent today’s broad range of publishing opportunities – self publishing, traditional, small press and hybrid.
This is a new kind of event that puts emerging authors and small publishers in the driver’s seat and gives them the information they need to create a customized roadmap for success. It’s about introducing new models that lead to smart decisions about how to seize opportunities in today’s transformed book marketplace.
Where: Francis Marion Hotel, Charleston, South Carolina. (A special room rate of $199 is available at this opulent historic landmark on Charleston’s peninsula).
When: Wednesday, April 16 through Friday, April 18, 2014.
Who Should Attend:
- Traditionally published authors who want to improve sales and discover new markets and avenues for their work
- Self-published authors who want to reach more readers
- Aspiring authors seeking guidance from publishing professionals
- Independent publishers that want to better serve their authors and improve their performance
What You Will Learn:
- How emerging publication and distribution avenues can help you reach your objectives
- Steps to build your author platform, brand and persona
- How editors and agents can help further your publishing goals
- Insider tips from publishing professionals including successful authors, agents, editors, designers, marketers and social media gurus
- Where book publishing and marketing is headed in the digital era
- How to build sales and buzz through reviewers, mass media and book clubs
- The latest methods of raising funds, using discoverability tools and increasing sales
- From keynote Jane Friedman – “I’m always excited to speak at conferences with a business focus, where authors are educated and empowered to make the best decisions for the long term of their careers.”
- From keynote Hugh Howey – “I can’t wait for PubSmart and the unparalleled opportunity to catch up on recent developments in this ever-changing industry of ours. Conferences like PubSmart remind us of the need to continue sharing and learning from one another.”
PubSmart is about the business of publishing in a quickly changing book marketplace. It’s about helping emerging authors and small publishers make the smartest decisions based on the latest opportunities and information. From seeking agent representation or legal insights before embarking on publication, to fundraising for a book project, from choosing the right distribution outlets and strategic marketing tools to planning for the next book launch, PubSmart has answers to help you customize your own roadmap for success.
The assembled faculty has been chosen not only for their expertise in their respective fields – agents, editors, publishers, publicists, attorneys, association presidents and author services CEOs – but for their generosity of spirit. Attendees will walk away with a wealth of knowledge they won’t find anywhere else. They will emerge informed and empowered, ready to take control of the next step in their career.
Charleston is the glistening jewel in the southeast crown, and the center of the Southeast’s growing role in digital era publishing. The famed Francis Marion hotel, built in 1924 during the golden age of authors, including F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway, celebrates its 90th birthday in 2014. Though equipped with all the latest conveniences, the hotel retains its historic feel on Charleston’s bustling peninsula. It’s the perfect setting for a conference ushering in the new golden age of authors! Sightseeing opportunities abound in this historic city. From horse-drawn carriages to walks down cobblestone lanes, this is a modern city that retains a strong connection to its historic past.
To kick off the PubSmart conference, attendees will enjoy views of the stunning Ravenel Bridge from the College of Charleston’s Arena observation deck where attendees and faculty are invited to “Meet Charleston” at an opening cocktail reception.
Links to More Info
Ether Exclusive by Porter Anderson: Charleston’s PubSmart Joins Conference Row:
Charleston City Paper: PubSmart Conference bringing publishers, bestselling authors to Charleston next spring